A warm welcome to our website.
Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School is a highly successful village primary school. It is an exciting place to be and grow.
The education, care and spiritual well-being of our children is central in our vision. Our school has a lovely family feel to it, where children are nurtured to achieve their full potential – both socially and academically.
Our strong team of staff, well supported by school Governors, offers the very best education and we consider every child, focusing on their progress from their varying starting points.
Children are taught in a high quality environment, where learning is fun, exciting and purposeful.
Our behaviour principles:
- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and to learn free from the disruption of others.
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination.
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times and are good role models across the school.
- Rewards and sanctions are used consistently by staff, in line with our Behaviour Policy.
- Restorative approaches are often used.
- The Behaviour Policy is understood by pupils and staff.
- Exclusions will only be used as a last resort.
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions.
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life.
The Governing Body also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
Our values are central to everything we do – they enrich our ethos and the whole school environment.
For admissions information please visit:
- Sports Day
- Sports ReliefOne of our students organised an “exercise disco” in aid of Sport Relief. The children had the most amazing time – we think this little girl’s face says it all! Click here to read more
- Lincoln Music and Drama Festival
- Football TournamentOn Thursday 8th and 15th March our football team went to Branston Community Academy to play against other local small primary schools. Our team gave 100%, and our captain encouraged and motivated the team through some great games. We are still awaiting on the final results , but whatever placing we are very proud of […] Click here to read more