Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School is a highly successful village primary school. It is an exciting place to be and grow.
The education, care and spiritual well-being of our children is central in our vision. Our school has a lovely family feel to it, where children are nurtured to achieve their full potential – both socially and academically.
Our strong team of staff, well supported by school Governors, offers the very best education and we consider every child, focusing on their progress from their varying starting points.
Children are taught in a high quality environment, where learning is fun, exciting and purposeful.
Learn By Doing
Our behaviour principles:
- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and to learn free from the disruption of others.
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination.
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times and are good role models across the school.
- Rewards and sanctions are used consistently by staff, in line with our Behaviour Policy.
- Restorative approaches are often used.
- The Behaviour Policy is understood by pupils and staff.
- Exclusions will only be used as a last resort.
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions.
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life.
The Governing Body also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
Our values are central to everything we do – they enrich our ethos and the whole school environment.
Latest School News
ATHLETICS At a recent small school athletics tournament, the children representing our school did really well: Neve - 1st shot putt Robert - 1st discus Erin - 1st Discus April - 1st javelin Barney - 1st 70m sprint Daisy - 1st 100m sprint The Year 5/6 Girls Team won...
Juniors enjoyed a fantastic day at Woodside Wlidlife Park. They were delighted to see tigers and other wild animals at close range, and happy that the animals were living in a natural environment.
Representatives from year 5 and 6 who had worked with artist Ruth Piggott to create ‘The Archway of Peace’ attended it’s unveiling at the International Bomber Command Centre on 23rd May. The children had made flowers representing the different countries in the...
YR, Y1, Y2, Y3/4, Y5/6.
Small YR and infant classes
Get In Touch
Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School
Address: Main Road, Potterhanworth, Lincoln. LN4 2DT
Head Teacher: Mrs Debbie Challinor BA(Hons)
Phone: 01522 791031