A warm welcome to our website.
Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School is a highly successful village primary school. It is an exciting place to be and grow.
The education, care and spiritual well-being of our children is central in our vision. Our school has a lovely family feel to it, where children are nurtured to achieve their full potential – both socially and academically.
Our strong team of staff, well supported by school Governors, offers the very best education and we consider every child, focusing on their progress from their varying starting points.
Children are taught in a high quality environment, where learning is fun, exciting and purposeful.
Our behaviour principles:
- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and to learn free from the disruption of others.
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination.
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times and are good role models across the school.
- Rewards and sanctions are used consistently by staff, in line with our Behaviour Policy.
- Restorative approaches are often used.
- The Behaviour Policy is understood by pupils and staff.
- Exclusions will only be used as a last resort.
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions.
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life.
The Governing Body also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
Our values are central to everything we do – they enrich our ethos and the whole school environment.
For admissions information please visit:
- Sports Day
- Palm CrossesOn February 9th Reverend Lorna led a wonderful Collective Worship. She told the story of Jesus in the desert. Every child was invited to lay a cross on the hall floor and these individual crosses were made into one large cross. Every child was involved and engaged in such a lovely activity! Click here to read more
- Christingle ServiceOn Monday 4 December, children attended the Christingle Service in St Andrew’s Church. They had worked very hard on putting together a meaningful and very accomplished service. Several parents commented that they had thoroughly enjoyed it and that this was “the best ever”! Click here to read more
- Children in NeedChildren came to school wearing spots and gave donations in support of Children in Need. The School Council organised a decorated cookie competition, with a sports theme. Altogether, we raised an impressive £194 (including contributions from Potterhanworth Pre School). Click here to read more