Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with each individual to:
- Value themselves and others through the Christian ethos
- Promote their positive self esteem and to take pride in achieving their maximum potential
- Develop enquiring minds and an active spirit of curiosity
- Develop a sense of responsibility, caring and respect for others
- Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum and within a wider social context
- Become self-motivated, independent lifelong learners
At Potterhanworth Church of England Primary School, our mission is to provide a learning environment where
every child will succeed by experiencing
- A caring, Christian culture in which each individual is included, secure, respected, valued and nurtured
- Stimulating learning and teaching with quality resources which enrich the curriculum
- A culture of high expectation and success where there is the capacity for sustained improvement and where everyone can explore and take risks without fear of failure
- A challenging curriculum which prepares and motivates children for the 21st century
- A working partnership between school, home and the wider community
- And embracing new ideas with enthusiasm and contributing to initiatives outside school
- An organisation which is passionate about Learning
We recognise our historic Christian foundation and promote our religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England.
Our Christian values, which we focus on each term, are
RESPECT (T1), FAIRNESS (T2), COMMITMENT (T3), TRUST (T4), FRIENDSHIP (T5) & RESPONSIBILITY (T6)
Within the context of Christian belief and practice, we provide quality education encompassing the whole of the school curriculum and school life. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and importance of faith.
Our school’s Disability Equality Scheme will be linked to the school’s cycle of work on its
It is reviewed regularly by the Governing Body.
Our Accessibility Plan and our Disability Equality Scheme are on our website and available to read in the school office.