Based on the context of our school, we intend to:
- provide opportunities that show our children how to be aspirational, resilient and independent.
- support fairness, social justice and respect for difference through our Christian values
- widen children’s horizons so they have an understanding of their local community and the wider world
- capitalise on local experiences and knowledge to develop meaningful experiences for the children
- ensure we consider the positive impact we can all make to other people’s lives, as well as our own
- nurture resilient learners who have a breadth of experiences of life skills and the wider world. We intend for our children to be inspired by challenge!
- teach life skills to promote independence
- promote outdoor opportunities to provide respect and appreciation for our environment
- encourage our children, to try new things, problem solve and take risks
- teach key knowledge to enable children to develop their skills in different subject areas
- make connections in learning, where relevant
- build on previous knowledge to promote further learning
- adopt a creative approach which excites and inspires children to learn
- promote a strong work ethic where children take pride in their achievements